This course is 7.30pm - 8.30pm on:
- Monday 7th January
- Monday 14th January
- Monday 21st January
This three week course will cover all the basics to give you a good foundation of which to build your own climbing. It is a entry level version of our popular Adult Improver Course.
- The Basics
- Centre Etiquette
- Warming up
- Footwork: The importance?
- Centre of Gravity
- Movement Skills - weight transference on the wall
- Rockover / Drop knee / Flagging / Pivotting
- How body positioning is connected to the choice in technique
- Engrams: What are they and why they are important
- Hold Identification and how to maximise using them
- Sidepulls/ undercuts/gastons/slopers/edges
- The Process / Project day
- From start to finish various tactics and techniques to employ when attempting on the limit boulder problems
- Route reading - Hand / Foot sequencing
- Trying ALL the moves, focusing on hard sequences and potential alternative methods
- Other tactics: chalking / brushing / clean shoes / controllable factors affect success / KNOWing the method
- Position A - B and the movement connection [generating the exact amount of momentum to complete the movement]
- Introduction into specific climbing conditioning: fingerboard / campus board etc
Spaces are limited to 8 for this three week course. Booking in advance is necessary.